Wednesday 24 February 2016

The most radical thing I can do today is....

The most radical thing I can do today will not be painting the other half of the bedroom that Zippy and I are making, as my temptation suggests.

Nor will it be:
  • Drilling seven new cupboards to the kitchen wall
  • Moving all my art things out of storage
  • Taking all and everything we don't need in the flat to charity shop or recycling center
  • Putting a tarpaulin on the lawn and digging out all the garden waste and making a new pallet compost bin
Temptation!  Suggestion! Frustration! 
Temptation!  Suggestion! Frustration! 
Temptation!  Suggestion! Frustration!
NOW!!!NOW!!!NOW!!!
'I am more important!!" 
"no I am more important!!!!"
 "achieve me and I will be the answer!" 
" no I'm the answer!!"
Run freeze run freeze run freeze run freeze run freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will not be:
  • Clearing out my daughters room and scrubbing the paint off her window
  • Painting four pine wardrobes, five chest of draws and four side tables
  • Hoovering the flat to within and inch of its life
  • Cooking mushy peas from scratch
  • Painting the floor blue
  • Swapping all the mattresses around

  • It will not be giving into all the voices dancing and colliding as they shout and whisper what "should be done?". 
  • It will not be giving into the frustration of the looping 'One Direction - Story of My Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiife'! Stupid Unfinished song line that I woke up and that is presently is trying to knock Kate Bush (CBE) of her perch. 
  • It will not be giving into the need to hide in bed and lock the door and wish the day away, whilst simultaneously thinking I actually have enough energy to run twenty marathons and cook dinner for half of London.

Actually the most radical thing I can do today seems harder than all those things.  
Today I need to have a shower and wash my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment